New to knitting?



Are you a knitting newbie? Need to learn the basics? There are many excellent sites around that explain the basic techniques of knitting far better than Woolly can. These instructional sites include easy-to-follow images and videos. Woolly especially recommends Learn 2 Knit, Craft Expert, Basic Knitting Skills, My Craft Book, Knitting Help.com videos and The Knitting Site videos.

Have fun!

Tuesday 22 July 2008

Welcome to Woolly's Knitting Blog

Welcome to my brand new knitting blog. The blog is still in its planning stage at the moment, but over the coming weeks and months, I hope it will become a valuable resource to knitters of all ages and abilities. Although I have been a knitter for many years, I still consider myself to be a learner, simply because there is so much to learn about the craft of knitting, and no one individual can know it all. I hope to bring you tutorials, how-to's, news on the latest patterns and yarns, as well as providing links to some of the best free knitting patterns on the world wide web. Above all, I want to show that knitting can be cool and funky. It's not all about bed socks and tea cosies. Not that there is anything wrong with bed socks and tea cosies! Welcome, one and all. Please return soon, and watch this blog grow.

No comments: